James Joyce

This is a site for ReJoycing. For all things Joycean.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gerty - Part the Second

I know that my feathered leg was the cause of the distance. The boredom of knowing that I was not what was wanted. A craggy gap that was always to be left open.

I felt him move away.

Into the sea-sky.

Into the distance.

My pale hands shaking sand, with anger and sadness.
Knowing that I wasn't needed anymore.
Pebbles clicking for a moment.

From a million years before.

3 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

glad to see you still make magic when you write.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Thankyou CJ, for your kind support.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Demian said...

Oh! Such a happy surprise to find you making these beautiful moving word arrangements still putting them up here for me to see! Good to hear from you, hope you're well and happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home