James Joyce

This is a site for ReJoycing. For all things Joycean.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Haematites

the
sea offers
up cod’s tongues, onyx shells, a
basket of
salt

I awoke disconnected to the thingamajig that haematites my fingers. This, so I was forewarned, portents a genocide of grammar and syntax, an elocutionary enchorial common to roustabouts and dustbin-men. Corruption, especially in the pre-frontal midrib, can cause horrid whooping and colic, night-sweats and coopery, a barrelhouse of shit-aphelia and whorish language. I will see what can be done, and rewire the cursor that attenuates the Babel in my head, next to Roget’s commode, a cowslip and the rector-rector’s bench.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I love Roget's commode. Brilliant stuff Stephen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home