James Joyce

This is a site for ReJoycing. For all things Joycean.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Kidney for Bloom

I sit opposite you, Bloom, and wave a finger,
You take your fork,
And put this plump, firm kidney in your mouth.

Feel it in your mouth,
The smooth oval of it.

The urinary tract love of it,
Run your finger along its edge.
Let it tickle your tongue.

Mr Bloom, can I interest you,
In my forkfulls?

I want to tempt you with heaps of urea.

I want to let droplets of blood grace your chin.

Let me lift up my fingers,
And feed you pancreatic ducts,
Lippy feeders,
Maybe a touch of dressed film.

I look at your gorgeous lips,
Find them enticing,
Want them open a little,
For entering.

The kidney,
It is wet and dripping,
It is ripe for tasting.
It is fresh and plump.

Oh Poldy,
Lay kidney like in my lap,
I shall stroke your ear,
And make you rise,
Like fantastic breakfast.

4 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Stephen Rowntree said...

And on the lag of your tongue a stone culled from the scullery of my kidney...

Wonderful, Molly, evokes such sensuality and hunger, waiting skin, untouched and longing.

Stephen

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger St. Anthony said...

oh, I'm sure Bloom would be interested in your forkfulls.Tthere's nothing like a good rise for breakfast ... the fine tang of faintly scented urine on the old palate.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

more.
early morning's are made for kidney

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

PS.
nearly bought my first james joyce book at the weekend but didn't. got the new album by the good, the bad and the queen instead.
not a mistake BUT...
having read these words and seen this site with new eyes i do regret it

a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home